Monday, July 27, 2009

A watched belly never kicks

July 27, 2009

Well she is kicking pretty good every day. It is a reassuring feeling when you have a little boxer in your belly because it is a good reminder that she is doing well in there. According to the 50 million baby websites, she should be a little over one pound and 12 inches from tip to toe. I can't really figure out where she is in my belly. It seems like I feel it all over, almost like she has two sets of feet and hands (good news though, the ultrasound revealed that there was only one set of each). She is really moving around tonight as I was sitting here checking my email but only when I turned my head away. it seems like when I watched my belly there wasn't any movement. Sort of like standing around waiting for Old Faithful to erupt and then realizing you are not at Yellowstone.

We painted the nursery last weekend when John's mom and uncle Hank came to visit. At first it was on tap to be lavendar and beige but John made the suggestion of yellow so literally split the difference down the middle. Now the bottom half of the wall is lavender and the top is a light yellow with chair rail to be hung in the middle (one of these days).

1 comment:

  1. My kids would always kick and kick and when Brian would touch my belly it was like "red light". He'd lift his hand and "green light". I think he felt maybe two of our kids move. But it sure came in handy when I couldn't sleep.

    ReplyDelete